Sunday, January 27, 2013

End of January (and I actually stayed within my budget)

So, today we went to Walmart to pick up a few things.  There was a lot of things that we could of picked up, however, I really am trying to stay within my $300/mo budget.  Here is what I managed to pickup and stay within my budget.

1 - Gallon of Milk - 2.58
1 - Salt - .62
1 - Hormel Pepperoni - 2.98
6 - Budding Lunch Meat - .58/each
1 - French Bread - 1.68 (I wonder when the price went up ... used to be 1.00 a loaf)
1 - Franz White Bread - 2.68

Walmart Total:  $16.40

January Total:  $298.95 (I stayed within my budget!!!)

So, after having a very tight budget to work with this week, I learned that we need to do better next month about spreading our budget more evenly.  However, we also learned that really I have a lot of items in my house, and we really don't need much to get by cooking at home.

1 comment: