Monday, December 31, 2012

End of 2012 ... Goals for 2013

As 2012 is wrapping down I look at my blogs and am disappointed that I didn't keep up on them more ... with that being said though I am happy with what I was able to post.  I hope to be more accountable to myself this coming year and to keep a better track of our spending on this blog (www.sainsavings.blogspot.com), pictures of our life at www.growingupsain.blogspot.com, our "farm" at www.saincreekpoultry.blogspot.com, and my projects and recipes at www.goinginsain.blogspot.com

I have rearranged my budget and decided that our goal was going to be $300/mo for groceries, paper products, and other necessities ... I'm pretty sure we can do this.  I am hoping to have a garden this year and that should also help out with costs (even though I am not counting it towards my budget - I know that my greenhouse, fenced garden, and seeds will be costing a pretty penny - but I budgeted it separately from our grocery shopping).

I also have came up with a monthly menu plan for our family.  I hope that I will be able to sick with it ... here is what January looks like:

Month of January 2013
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
Main Dinner @ Elks Steak & Lobster Turkey  Leftover Turkey Tacos or Taco Salad Potato Soup Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad
Side/Veg   Salad, Baked Potato Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, veggies Asst. Veggies w/Ranch   Asst. Veggies w/Ranch Frozen  Veg
Other   Homemade Bread   Homemade Bread   Homemade Bread  
Dessert     Chocolate Pudding Pie   CupCakes   Cookies
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Main Shrimp and Noodles Hamburger Gravy Pizza Bread Chicken  Breasts Panini's Crockpot Roast Breakfast
Side/Veg   Mashed Potatoes  Peaches Fruit Salad (Banana, Orange, Apple) Apple Sauce Red Potatoes & Carrots Bacon & Eggs
Other Homemade Bread Green Beans   Homemade Bread     Cinnamon Rolls
Dessert     Brownies     Monster Cookies  
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Main Mac and Cheese Chicken Kabobs Sausage Salmon French Dip Sandwiches Hamburgers Cheap Pizzas
Side/Veg Apples   French Fries Red Potatoes, Salad Asst Veggies w/Ranch French Fries Apples
Other Homemade Bread   Sauerkraut Rolls   Asst. Veggies w/Ranch  
Dessert   Moster Cookies       Apple Crisp  
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Main Whole Chicken Homemade Pizza Night Tacos Chicken w Fettuccini Alfredo Sauce Chicken Nuggets Steak Homemade Lasagne
Side/Veg Mashed Potatoes, Gravy Asst Fruit Asst Veggies w/Ranch Green Salad Fruit Salad (Banana, Orange, Apple) Baked Potatoes Green Salad
Other Frozen Veg   Homemade Bread   Broccoli & Cheese Garlic Bread (Store Bought)
Dessert Cheesecake       Cookies  
27 28 29 30 31 *Be Sure Feb
Main Crockpot Roast Leftover Lasagne Hamburger Gravy Marinaded Shrimp Scewers Waffles Menu is Complete
Side/Veg Mashed Potatoes, Gravy Asst Veggies w/Ranch White Rice Fried Rice (egg, green onion, bacon) Peaches or Applesauce (by 1-25-13)
Other Asst Veggies w/Ranch Rolls Green Beans Homemade Bread      
Dessert   Cupcakes     Brownies    


I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Eve and that 2013 is full of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment