As I have been sick most of the week (and THANKFUL for my stockpile of tissues, cough medication, cough drops, children's medications, and food - for Todd, since he is really the only one eating!!!), I have found myself thinking about setting some additional goals for my Second Quarter of Savings ... at first I just made a list for myself ... but I know that if I post in online I will feel more obligated to reach for them.
So, since its 10:35pm on Friday night and I'm unable to sleep, here they are:
* Do NOT spend over $1300, would prefer to spend under $1200 or less ($92.30/wk) on groceries, cleaning supplies, and hygiene products.
* Spend at least $15 of my weekly budget on fruits and vegetables.
* Spend at least $15 of my weekly budget on meat (chicken, beef, pork, etc) - I know we have deer and elk meat in the freezer but I really think that I need to dedicate a dollar amount to strive for.
* Spend less than $60/month at Walgreen's (you can easily get "sucked in" to the good deals ... I need to be able to step away!)
* Keep adding to our stockpile (which is nice to be able to share)
* In addition to my regular budget I want to add $5 - $10 dollars to a Walmart gift card every time we shop there - to be used at Christmas time (I saw this on-line and thought it was a great idea, if I shop there weekly I should have around $330 (at $10 a week) by Black Friday!) ... if you steal this idea it was actually on a post I saw over at http://www.iheartthemart.com/ .
On top of my financial goals for the second quarter, I also made some additional goals for myself ... if your interested:
* Bake bread at least weekly
* Bake or make a dessert at least weekly
* Try at least one new recipe each month
* Plan on hitting garage sales at least once a month (haven't set a budget for this yet - it will probably be $20-50 or so a month ... maybe more ... I'll have to put some thought into that)
I also came up with some household goals:
* Get Heat pump looked at/fixed (depending on money) --- and just so no one is wondering we are not freezing we also have wood heat that we have been using for the last month or so.
* Get flowers planted (calla lilies, day lilies, and sunpatients)
* Get chicken coop set up (only another 5-7 weeks and our babies will be ready to go outside)
* Get Kia's kennel relocated, get mats for the bottom of her kennel - she currently has a hug mud pit going, and a new dog house ***actually Todd did move her kennel this week and she got the mats, but she still needs the dog house.
* Have Todd fix the wooden front porch (some of the boards are rotting)
* Have Todd paint the metal railings that he installed.
So, now you all know what my goals are for the next 13 weeks! I hope that we get some spring weather soon and that we can start enjoying our country living and get some of our goals accomplished.